ArchCity Defenders seeks committed and driven people to join our holistic practice.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a Development Director position.
ArchCity Defenders (ACD) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit civil rights law firm located in downtown St. Louis, providing holistic legal advocacy and combating the criminalization of poverty and state violence against poor people and people of color. ACD uses direct services, impact litigation, and policy and media advocacy as its primary tools to promote justice, protect civil and human rights, and bring about systemic change on behalf of the poor and communities of color directly impacted by the abuses of the legal system.
- Assist ArchCity Defenders in creating a development plan that will help the organization foster long term sustainability.
- Increase community awareness of and support for ArchCity Defenders.
- Research and evaluate grant opportunities based upon the criteria of available resources, strategic alignment with ACD goals, project and funding timelines, and potential for success.
- Coordinate funding proposals and write effective grant proposals directed to specific funders.
- Ensure grant proposals and reporting requirements are submitted by established deadlines and monitor decisions, and subsequent payments.
- Plan, implement and evaluate social network communication and direct mail appeals.
- Recommend and participate in appropriate strategies and outcomes measurements for grant funded programs.
- Identify projects and programs that match funding opportunities in collaboration with ArchCity Defenders leadership.
- Provide written and oral reports on results of solicitations and grant funded projects.
- Engage with the board, board/volunteer committees, and volunteers to foster the development plan.
- Maintain and enhance record keeping systems, both computerized donor database software and hard copy files, to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation and donor recognition.
- Increase the visibility of ArchCity Defenders by participating in appropriate community activities.
- Provide professional and high quality customer service to donors, members, volunteers, staff, and additional community contacts.
- Ensure that diversity and pluralism are embraced and incorporated into the work of the organization. Foster both inclusion and access.
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising and cultivation events and help secure sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in fund development, public relations, business management and/or related fields in the not-for-profit arena.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including communicating complex information with clarity to diverse audiences. Effectively prepare and present reports and other written communication.
- Experience in grant application and administration with experience in corporate and foundation grant proposal writing.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel. Knowledge of donor software and ability to use Foundation Search or Foundation Center.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with conflicting timelines.
- Demonstrated expertise creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships, including identifying potential needs and opportunities for further collaboration and support.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with internal and external groups and partners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial and other sensitive information.
- Problem-solving, analytical, organization and detail orientation.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and a willingness to adjust hours as well as the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends if required to meet organizational goals.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Wendy L. Werner
Board of Directors, ArchCity Defenders
Please – No Calls or emails to ArchCity Defenders