We also provide civil legal services to the indigent and those experiencing homelessness.
Our staff can assist clients with matters such as:
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Consumer protection cases
- Custody and visitation rights
- Benefit applications
- Assistance with elder law issues like wills, powers of attorney, guardianships, and conservatorships
We coordinate legal services, integrating civil representation into our criminal defense practice. This alleviates the collateral consequences that occur when an individual enters the criminal justice system. These consequences can include:
- Denial of public housing, welfare benefits, and parental rights
- Deportation of lawful permanent residents
- Loss of income
- Fewer employment opportunities
- Additional barriers to education and student government loans
These consequences can be imposed regardless of the severity of the charged crime. Without skilled representation, even a misdemeanor can have profound and irreparable effects on the lives of our clients.