August 10, 2021
First Event: Vigil and Balloon Release for Don Clark, Sr.
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 7:00 PM
Background: Don Clark, Sr. was a 63-year-old Black, disabled Veteran who was killed during a 2017 no-knock raid by SLMPD SWAT. The event is held on what would have been his 68th birthday. On June 30, 2021, ArchCity Defenders and Attorney Jerryl Christmas filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of Mr. Clark Sr.’s children. More info here: https://bit.ly/DonClarkSrLawsuit
Location: 4023 California Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63118 (site of killing and Mr. Clark’s former home)
- Michelle Higgins, Executive Director of Faith for Justice
- Don Clark, Jr., Son of Mr. Clark, Sr.
- Sherrie Clark-Torrence, Daughter of Mr. Clark, Sr.
Media Availability: Emanuel Powell, Jerryl Christmas, Don Clark, Jr., and Michelle Higgins
Second Event: Stop No Knocks Town Hall
Date and Time: Thursday, August 12, 2021: 6:00 PM
Background: Families of Isaiah Hammett and Don Clark, Sr., both killed by SLMPD SWAT in 2017, are calling for an end to the use of no-knock search warrants in the City of St. Louis. Impacted family members will be joined by ArchCity Defenders, Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression (CAPCR), and Faith for Justice.
Location: 1000 North Vandeventer Ave, St. Louis, MO 63113
- John Chasnoff, Co-Director of Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression
- Emanuel Powell, Staff Attorney and Skadden Fellow, ArchCity Defenders
- Gina Torres, Mother of Isaiah Hammett
- Don Clark, Jr., Son of Don Clark, Sr.
- Sherrie Clark-Torrence, Daughter of Don Clark, Sr.
Media Availability: Emanuel Powell, Don Clark, Jr., and TBD
Z Gorley, Communications Director, ArchCity Defenders