August 12, 2021
Following Last Night’s Vigil, Families Impacted by Police Killings Hold Town Hall to Stop No-Knock Raids
“Stop No-Knocks” Town Hall
Date and Time: Thursday, August 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Background: Families of Isaiah Hammett and Don Clark, Sr., both killed by SLMPD SWAT in 2017, are calling for an end to the use of no-knock search warrants in the City of St. Louis. Impacted family members will be joined by ArchCity Defenders, Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression (CAPCR), and Faith for Justice. This Town Hall follows a Vigil and Balloon Release yesterday commemorating the birthday of Don Clark, Sr., who would have been 68. Livestream of the Vigil is here.
Location: 1000 North Vandeventer Ave, St. Louis, MO 63113
- John Chasnoff, Co-Director of Coalition Against Police Crimes and Repression
- Emanuel Powell, Staff Attorney and Skadden Fellow, ArchCity Defenders
- Gina Torres, Mother of Isaiah Hammett
- Don Clark, Jr., Son of Don Clark, Sr.
- Sherrie Clark-Torrence, Daughter of Don Clark, Sr.
The Town Hall will be live streamed via ArchCity’s Facebook page.
Media Availability: Emanuel Powell, Don Clark, Jr., Gina Torres, John Chasnoff, and TBD
Z Gorley, Communications Director, ArchCity Defenders